WORLD PUZZLE DAYS 2016

Модератор: ashk

Günther
Деталей: 191276

WORLD PUZZLE DAYS 2016

Сообщение Günther » 06 сен 2015, 18:55

Hello my dear Russian puzzle friends! ;-)

September was starting a few days ago and this means to me waking up slowly but surely to start with the first steps of organization for the next WPD.

First of all I'd like to present you the two slideshows of the puzzles we assembled in the last WPD. You were really great. Perhaps you remember we assembled more than 1,2 millions of puzzle pieces last time. And here is our incredible work:
Slideshow 1: http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHapp ... 54413d0d0a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Slideshow 2: http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHapp ... 54413d0d0a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course you may watch also what we did in 2013: http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHapp ... 54413d0d0a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...and 2014: http://play.smilebox.com/SpreadMoreHapp ... 7a633d0d0a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The rules for 2016 will be presented soon. I'll try to make them as short as possible. The group of 2016 is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/World.Puzzle.Days.2016/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Be very welcome! Please enter the group sending a request to be a member. So I'll be able to link your name creating your personal puzzle album. And please register as soon as possible, so that I don't must create personal puzzle albums between Christmas and New Year's Eve. :) Better some non-playing registered puzzle friends than creating dozens of albums on Christmas-Eve while all other celebrate with their families. Thank you very much! :)

The online document to register will be uploaded soon. Also the required number of pieces per puzzle. I'll tell you here.

Have a nice day!
Günther
:hi:
ashk
Деталей: 1872000

Re: WORLD PUZZLE DAYS 2016

Сообщение ashk » 06 сен 2015, 21:06

Hello all! drinks

What a wonderful event!!! I've heard a lot about WORLD PUZZLE DAYS and really want to take part in it and have already created an personal page in Facebook and entered the group. It'll be my first experience and participation in such great event in world of puzzle and I look forward to it so much! girl_claping Hurrah!!! girl_cray
Люба – заядлая пазломанка

If you are waiting for perfect conditions, no puzzle will get done

Мое богатство
Günther

Сообщение Günther » 07 сен 2015, 18:19

Hello ashk! ;-)

This is great! Be very welcome to the WORLD PUZZLE DAYS! drinks

To all:
The numbers of pieces per puzzle for the WPD 2016 are now determined. :)

*** 1000 *** 2000 *** 3000 *** 4000 ***

I promissed you just during the last WPD we'll make next year both sizes from 2014 and 2015. Some asked me for bigger puzzles. I fear we'd have then many started but not finished puzzles. 4000 is the upper limit.
And many players asked to allow also 1000 pieces. Okay, 1000 pieces puzzles have advantages and disadvantages.

ADVANTAGES: We have much more different puzzles to choose on the market and will see so much less equal puzzles. Players in countries where bigger puzzles are hard to get can find so also easily a puzzle to participate. Many players are beginners or never assembled more than 1000 and fear 2000 or more pieces, or they have no interest in doing puzzles of more than 1000 pieces. Allowing 1000 pieces puzzles we possibly can grow and find still much more puzzle friends playing with us. There's no way to outwit the rules doing a 1000 registering a child.

DISADVANTAGES: We'll finish possibly more than 1000 puzzles and a video of the finished puzzles would be like a 2 hours movie. scratch_one-s_head. Much more work for the organizer (me hang1 ) and his kind helpers. We'll see much less photos of progress, because quick players assemble a 1000 during the same day they started the puzzle. SO I ALLOW THE 1000 ONLY UNDER 1 CONDITION: The puzzles have to be photographed at least three times with the required item of 2016. :) (Like last time for example the key-chain.) 1 photo starting the puzzle, one during the puzzle and another one of the finished puzzle. Of course more than three photos are welcome. I ask the quick players of you to choose also puzzles of higher numbers of pieces to keep the WPD interesting. But of course the 1000 are allowed for ALL players.

So let's try the 1000 in the WPD 2016! The 1000 pieces are a test in the WPD 2016. Let's see how it will run! If it results as a step backward we can set the former sizes for the WPD 2017.

I hope with these four sizes everybody of you will be satisfied. ;-) The 1000 are INSTEAD of the 1500. I don't wanted to say "okay, all puzzles from 1000 to 4000" because later some do also 2500, 1500 or 1250 pieces puzzles. I would like to keep at least a little bit of the initial thought of the WPD alive, that said "let's do all the same". With 4 sizes we just left this initial thought more than I wanted when I created the first WPD in 2012. And I think with four sizes there are at least one or two good options for everybody. drinks

:hi:
Nothing in this world has any sense. Except the one you give.
Günther

Сообщение Günther » 15 сен 2015, 21:31

Hello my dear Puzzle Friends from Russia! drinks

The rules of the WPD 2016 are just presented and online. I know that nobody wants to read a lot, and most of you just don't need to read more than headwords. So I'll not annoy you with more explications than necessary, and write here the explications as short as possible. If you are a WPD Newbie and want to read the whole explications of the event please go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and click on the button "ENGLISH". (If somebody wants to translate again to Russian language be very welcome.) good

The explications:

1. Date: Friday, 1st of January 2016 to Monday, 29th of February 2016. (Newbies, read more by the link above.)

2. Costs: We have no required entry fee, but again a fundraising campaign where you are invited to donate to our charitable organization at your discretion to support children of the Third World.

3. Place: Facebook - Group: World Puzzle Days 2016. Please enter the group and send a request of membership. - NEW: You may create WPD-groups in your local puzzle forum, if you know puzzlers they don’t want to be on facebook. (Read more by the link above.)

4. Language: We write in English to avoid building groups within the group, excluding all other players. (Newbies, read more by the link above.)

5. Allowed puzzles: Puzzles of 1000, 2000, 3000 or 4000 pieces. (Newbies, read more by the link above.)

6. Teams: Feel free building a team with your pal, parents, children or friends. If you are a teacher and want to build a team playing with your pupils, be very welcome. A nice and welcome idea would also be building teams playing together with refugees. In this case please ask them for their country and you may play with them in a team for their country.

7. Secret symbol: On 31st of December 2015 I’ll upload a video in the group of the WPD 2016 telling you the secret symbol. This symbol must be visible on at least three photos of each puzzle, so that your puzzle can be counted as “done during the event”. (Newbies, read more by the link above.)

8. Photo of progress: You will become a personal photo album and may upload into this every day your photo(s) of progress. You may upload as much photos as you want, but at least three photos of each puzzle you do... (Newbies, read more by the link above.)

9. Goal: The goals of the WPD 2016 is to assemble 1,750,000 pieces and 400 active players.

10. Photos: Don’t show the box of your puzzle in the photo! Keep your secret alive about what you are assembling, and let the other players guess which puzzle it will be.

11. Registration: To register please click here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2120764665" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) but read first the following explication. The new WPD programm has been changed something, and if you write your name like last year, the registration takes you only two seconds. It includes now all registrations of former WPD. So if you registered in former years, your name and city is just waiting for you. It’s important to register by the same name you played last time. Only type the first characters of your name and you will see your name proposed by the programm. If not so please make sure your name is written correctly. (For example: López, not Lopez, or María, not Maria,...) So your number of participations of all years will be counted automatically, and you’ll get a nice puzzle piece on your personal table for each participation.
If you are completely new to the WPD please overwrite the fields simply with capital letters, and I’ll add you to our database of all time players.
If your facebook name is not the same name like your registration name (For example: Player “Elena Tcurkova” is called on Facebook “Elena Sargina”. Or “Box Cheng” is called 祥志鄭) so please make my job easier registering with the same name you played last year and write your facebook name into column E!
If you do no longer remember how you registered last year please look here and search your name in the database of all players in alphabetical order. If you have chosen your name the programm writes automatically your city and country.
If you changed your residence simply overwrite these fields with capital letters, and I’ll change your residence in the database.
Please write in column F your mail-address. So I can invite you next year personally by email for the WPD 2017. I will copy and safe your address as soon as possible and delete it from the registration form. So your mail-address will be visible only for some few hours. If you don’t want your address visible there you may send it to Günther by personal message on facebook.

12. Raffle: For free! On the first days of March 2016 will be held a raffle of puzzles and more. Every player become for each 2000 assembled pieces 1 ticket for this raffle. Maximum 4 tickets a player. The raffle will be carried out manually (tickets in a pot) and not by the computer like last time.

13. Mega-Raffle: At cost! Besides the normal raffle we raffle also gigantic puzzles of 33600, 32256, 24000, 18000 or 13224 pieces. The number of raffled puzzles depends to the number of sold tickets. You can buy as much tickets as you want. Price for 1 ticket: 10,- euro - Please transfer this money by http://www.paypal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to guenther.simetsberger@gmx.net and write your name by personal message. To learn more please click here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O4M ... LQFrA/edit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The following three points are only for WPD newbies:

14. Upload of your photos: (Read more by the link above.)

15. Who may participate?: (Read more by the link above.)

16. Where can I find my personal photo album? (Read more by the link above.)

17. Bought players by brands or puzzle-stores: This point I unfortunately must make after a problem we had in the WPD 2015. A certain manufacturer gave 1000 pieces puzzles to every player who assembled a 2000 of them in the WPD, with the goal to end on first place in the ranking of the most popular brand. But this has nothing to do with "most popular", and I had to set a hurdle for such a manufacturer that goes by this way.

All brands are very welcome to sponsor the event by some (usually 6) puzzles, or other things puzzle players could like, for the concluding raffle between ALL ACTIVE players, no matter the brands they used. But offering gifts only if the players use THEIR products is pure business and the WPD will stay serious.

I wish you a lot of fun playing in the WPD 2016!
Let’s have fun together!
Günther
Günther

Сообщение Günther » 23 сен 2015, 22:29

*** NEWS OF THE WPD 2016 ***
=========================

All your likes on the photos of your finished puzzles in the album MINE IS DONE will be counted and every weekend will be presented the most liked puzzles in Puzzle Charts. You could make a real Number 1 Chartbreaker of yourself with your puzzles. :D

Players may register also to a facebook puzzle group or puzzle forum like yours here. So your puzzle forum can play "against" the polish puzzle forum or the brazilian puzzle group, for example. All you need is to tell me all the WPD players who wants to play for puzzler.su. I'll mark them in the online database of the players and all your finished puzzles will be counted automatically also to your forum. ;-)

SPEED CONTEST - The Speed Contest of last year with 10 players will be something different this year. I changed the programm and now there can play up to 40 players together. The buttons will no longer be +1 and +10 but +10 and +30. :) There was one point to change. A player had the possibility to play unfair playing at home. Nobody saw if he really did it alone. The vision I have for the next SC is creating 8 or 10 groups with 4 or 5 players who will play together. (5x8 or 4x10) - 4 russian players meeting in Moscow, 4 meeting in Istanbul or Izmir, 4 in Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Madrid, Taipei or Taichung, São Paulo, and the other 12 players in countries like Poland, Germany or Lithuania. Depends to the interest. Participation for the SC will cost some 8,- euros maximum per player. This money is not for myself. I can not expect, that a manufacturer donates 40(!) puzzles with worldwide shipping inclusive. Every player in all countries would get the same puzzle. So if you are interested in creating a team of 4 russian players in Moscow, Saint Petersburg or Novosibirsk (the cities where most of my russian WPD players live) please contact me as soon as possible! good

The news about the Speed Contest will be presented only tomorrow in the WPD group. So you are the first who knows about it. And it is still an IDEA. To realize this Speed Contest I'll need a manufacturer or Puzzle Online Store. But first I need to know if there is an interrest in the countries mentioned above. :)

Good night, Russia!
Günther

Сообщение Günther » 28 сен 2015, 21:44

Good evening! ;-) When you register for the WPD 2016 you can write in column J "puzzler.su" and all pieces of your forum's players will be added automatically.

Изображение
ashk

Сообщение ashk » 28 сен 2015, 21:49

Форумчане, присоединяйтесь! А то я уже волнуюсь, что буду одна среди турков и испанцев razy

Мое богатство
Ася
тЁтя,но не Ваша
Деталей: 80000

Сообщение Ася » 29 сен 2015, 00:02

Там еще итальянцев много :-D и болгар
Люб, твой альбом вижу.
А что ты сделала, чтобы он появился ? :?
Морщины — это просто указание на то место, где часто бывает улыбка. Марк Твен
19.05.12. 1-й Открытый Чемпионат Украины. 3-е место в паре с kukabarra 13.04.13. 2-й Открытый Чемпионат Украины. Дважды в десятку! (© Александра)
ashk

Сообщение ashk » 29 сен 2015, 06:44

Ася писал(а):Там еще итальянцев много :-D и болгар
Люб, твой альбом вижу.
А что ты сделала, чтобы он появился ? :?
Ага, а из Росии только четверо :(
А ничего не делала. Вступила в группу и записала себя в табличку регистрации. Гюнтер всех и просит заранее зарегистрироваться, чтобы потом в зимние праздники ему не пришлось спешно для всех создавать альбомы. ;-) Так что присоединяйтесь!

Мое богатство
Günther

Сообщение Günther » 29 сен 2015, 08:36

ashk писал(а):
Ася писал(а):Гюнтер всех и просит заранее зарегистрироваться, чтобы потом в зимние праздники ему не пришлось спешно для всех создавать альбомы. ;-) Так что присоединяйтесь!
give_rose
Ответить